HillBilly Coffee Recipes
Coffee Rubbed Steak
Kick it up a notch with this coffee rubbed steak. A simple and elegant way to prepare any steak, the coffee rub is easy to make with only 8 ingredients.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
500g skirt or flank steak (also known in Australia as ‘bavette’)
2 tbsp finely ground coffee (as finely ground as possible). We recommend Rockabilly Roast for best results
1 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Generously sprinkle the seasoning onto both sides of the steak.
- Rub and gently massage in.
- Let the steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare a grill for direct cooking over high heat.
- Cook steak directly over the flame, flipping halfway through cooking, until well browned.
- This is about 3 minutes per side to cook a thin skirt steak medium-rare.
- Adjust cooking time accordingly depending on the thickness of your steak and desired doneness.
- Transfer steak to a carving board and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak across the grain and serve.